It doesn’t matter either you run a blog or just reading other blogs, you need a Gravatar profile if you comment on other blogs. Without having a Gravatar profile, your comments really look ugly :(. So to make the appearance of your comments beautiful like your words, you need a Gravatar profile.
What is Gravatar?
Gravatar is the short version for “Globally Recognized Avatars” and this service allows you to set default images for your email addresses. After enabling Gravatar images for your email address, whenever you will leave a comment on any WordPress blog or other Gravatar supported CMS, your image will be fetched which is set for the email address you enter while commenting.
In addition to commenting, whenever you write a post on any Gravatar supported CMS or website, your image is fetched. So you don’t need to upload your profile images manually. Your image follows you throughout the Internet and builds your online identity.
Steps to Get a Gravatar Profile
If you haven’t signed up at Gravatar till now, follow below instructions to create a profile and give your comments a recognition and a professional look!
- Visit https://en.gravatar.com/ and enter your email address in box. Then press “Get Your Gravatar” button
- In next screen, sign-in using your WordPress account or create a new account if you don’t have one already
- After creating the account, verify your email address and sign-in to your Gravatar account
- In your Gravatar dashboard, scroll down and click the link saying add a new image
- On next screen, choose where your image is. You can either upload it from your computer’s hard drive or from the Internet
- After choosing your profile image, press Next and then crop it to make it the way you like and click Crop and Finish button
- In last step, rate your profile image. Recommended is G rated which will show your profile image on all websites where you will use the linked email address to either leave a comment or to write a post
Now whenever you will leave a comment using your Gravatar linked email address on any WordPress blog or any other Gravatar powered CMS, your profile image will be fetched and thus your comment will look more beautiful and professional. In addition, it makes the blog owner happy too as he/she sees the real faces in conversation on his/her blog.
So to make your commenting more beautiful, get a Gravatar profile now and build an online recognition 🙂