If you own a Sony Ericson Xperia series mobile phone and need to flash its firmware using a USB connectivity cable, then this tutorial will let you know how to flash your phone.
How to Flash Xperia Phones
To flash your Xperia mobile phone, follow below instructions.
- Download Xperia flash tool and unzip the compressed file
- After decompressing the content, run the setup
- Now look for the customization file (.ini file) in decompressed content and copy it to installation directory. In 64 bit operating system, the installation path will be “C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony Mobile\Emma\” and the directory in 32 bit OS will be “C:\Program Files\Sony Mobile\Emma\”
- After copying the .ini file to installation directory, turn off your Xperia phone and connect it to the PC using USB data cable
- While connecting the phone, press and hold flashing key. In most Xperia models, the flashing key is volume-down key, but it varies from model to model. To see the details for your concerned phone, visit http://developer.sonymobile.com/services/flash-tool/supported_phones/
- Once you will press the flashing key, the tool will detect your phone and will show which firmware needs to be installed in it. Choose the software version under Service list and click on Update Service option
- Your phone will be flashed and the firmware will be installed restoring your phone to a stable state
For more details and troubleshooting, visit developer’s website here