WordPress community has brought WordPress 3.8 as one of the biggest upgrades to the CMS. In addition to several other features, the admin dashboard has been modified in the latest release and several WordPress users are facing difficulties in working with the admin panel. Theme deletion option has been removed from the main theme page in WordPress 3.8 and in such a situation, you may be wondering where the option has gone. So to help you out in this, I am writing this short tutorial which will help you in removing unused themes completely from server along with the content of the theme from database.
How to Delete Themes in WordPress 3.8
To delete a theme in WordPress 3.8, you need to do the following.
- Sign in to your WordPress blog’s admin area
- Navigate to “Themes” section under “Appearance” and hover mouse pointer over the theme which you want to delete
- Once you will hover the mouse pointer over the theme, a button labeled “Theme Details” will appear
- Click the button. You will be taken to that particular theme’s page
- There, you will find the delete option near right-bottom
So this was the short tutorial for removing any unwanted themes from WordPress 3.8 dashboard. Although removing a theme from WordPress is extremely simple and it doesn’t require any tutorials to be read, but in WordPress 3.8, the task has become a little bit confusing as the deletion option has been moved one step inner.
I hope now you will not face any difficulty in deleting any theme which you don’t like to keep on your blog anymore 🙂