Titles of posts and pages play a significant role in SEO of your blog when they contain the keywords in them. Search engines display only first few words of post and page titles. By default, Blogger title is set to show blog name before post title which reduces the SEO of Blogger blogs. In some cases, where blog names are much lengthy, post and page titles are totally omitted in search results. But don’t worry, you can do a little modification in your Blogger blog’s template source to make your post and page titles appear before your blog title. You will need to modify the title attribution in your Blogger template’s HTML. You can do this in less than a minute. Follow the below steps to make it working for you.
How to Modify Title in Blogger Templates
1. First of all, login to your Blogger dashboard, select your blog and then scroll down to Template in left sidebar in your Blogger dashboard.
2. Click on Template and then download a backup of your template from right top Backup/Restore option. It will allow you to restore your template later if something goes wrong
3. After downloading the backup, now you are good to edit the HTML. Click on Edit HTML to edit the source code of your Blogger template.
4. In the HTML source, press Ctrl+F and search for <title>. You will see a code as shown below
5. Now replace it with the below provided code
<b:include data='blog' name='all-head-content'/>
<b:if cond='data:blog.pageType == "index"'>
<title><data:blog.pageName/> | <data:blog.title/></title>
6. Save your template. Your are all done!! Your post and page titles will appear before blog name and your blog is now better optimized for search engines.
If you feel any difficulty in editing your blog’s template, you can comment on this post. We will help you in solving your issues.