Google Star Rating is the rating for website which is shown in search engine results for the particular link of the concerned website. This rating is shown as stars and is displayed in search results, below the URL. The star rating is based on visitor responses on the content of your website/blog for which the rating is shown.
Show Star Rating for Blogger Posts and Website Pages
If you want to show your own rating for one or all Blogger posts and website pages in search results, you can follow the simple steps mentioned below. To do this, you should access the HTML source of your web page. If you want to show these starts for a Blogger blog post, then simply create a new post or edit an old one, then click on HTML tab and paste the below code at the end of HTML source of the concerned post. You can show stars for any webpage by adding the below code at the end of HTML source of the concerned webpage.
Edit the highlighted values with your own values as mentioned below:
- Write the name of product by replacing “Name of Product Which You Are Going to Review“. For example if you are reviewing a Nokia N8 phone, then write Nokia N8 in place of the yellow highlighted text
- Next comes the reviewer’s name. Here you can write your own name or any name which you like to make appear in search results as reviewer. Replace highlighted “Reviewer’s Name” to customize it
- In third step, customize the date which you want to show as on which the the review was made. Replace the date in “2012-18-10” as YYYY-DD-MM format
- At last, edit your rating to the concerned post/product. Replace “Stars” with the number of stars which you would like to make appear in results. Remember that your value should be between 1-5.
- You are all done. Save your webpage in case of a website page or publish your post if you are adding this to a Blogger blog’s post. Wait for Google to index your post/webpage. Once it is indexed, you can see the stars in search results
Last Reviewed by Rehmat Alam on October 18 2012